Cookies make the interaction between users and web sites faster and easier. Without cookies, it would be very difficult for a web site to allow a visitor to fill up a shopping cart or to remember the user’s preferences or registration details for a future visit.
By using our website you’re agreeing to our privacy and cookie policies and use thereof. If you do not agree to such use please see the ‘Managing Cookies’ section below for details on how to adjust your browser settings.
Session/transient cookies – these cookies only last for the duration of your browsing session and will normally be deleted by your browser when you close it.
Authentication cookies – these are cookies specific to knowing if a user is logged in or not.
Persistent/permanent cookies – these types of cookies are stored on the user’s computer and are not deleted when the browser is closed.
Flash cookies/local shared objects – Adobe Flash may store small files from websites on your computer, these files are known as local shared objects or Flash cookies and can be used for the same purposes as regular cookies. For more information visit the Adobe Website
Analytical cookies – these cookies help us understand how our customers are using the website so we can make things better. For more information visit the Google Analytics Website
Third party cookies – these are cookies set by a separate domain to the website you’re looking at. For example third party cookies can be present when embedding YouTube videos on our website. We don’t control the setting of these and accept no liability in connection with any third party cookies.
Each browser has different options to manage cookies on your computer or device. These settings can be modified to prevent cookies from being accepted and some browsers can be configured to provide an alert when a website is attempting to place a cookie on your browser. Most browsers can also be configured to allow first party cookies but prevent third party cookies.
If you choose not to allow cookies from our website you’ll still be able to browse our website but your experience won’t be as good. Without cookies you won’t be able use certain aspects of the website.
Do I have to accept cookies?
No you don’t. However, if you choose not to allow cookies from our website whilst you’ll still be able to browse our website, your experience won’t be as good. Further to this, without cookies you won’t be able use certain aspects of the website.
Do cookies retain any personal information?
No they don’t. Our cookies don’t contain personal information such as your address details or credit card details. We have no control over what information is stored and retained by third party cookies used on our website.
1 : Definitions and Interpretation
(1) In these Conditions:
“Contract” means the contract for the sale and purchase of the Goods (in which these Conditions apply).
“Goods” means the goods (including any instalment of the Goods or any parts for them) which the Seller is to supply pursuant to or in connection with the Buyer’s purchase order and the Contract.
“We”, “Us”, “Our” shall refer to Firth Steels Limited “You”, “Your”, “Yours” shall refer to the Buyer.
(2) Any reference in these Conditions to any provision of a statute shall be construed as a reference to that provision as amended, re-enacted or extended at the relevant time.
2 : Acceptance and amendment
(1) These General Conditions shall (unless or except to the extent that We otherwise agree in writing) apply to all tenders, offers, quotations, acceptances, agreements and deliveries relating to the sale of goods by Us and You shall be deemed to assent thereto.
(2) No other conditions or modifications of these Conditions shall be binding on Us unless We agree thereto in writing and We shall not be deemed to accept such other conditions nor to waive any of these Conditions by failing to object to provisions contained in any purchase order or other communication from You.
(3) No representative, agent or salesman who is not one of our directors has any authority to amend or waive any of these Conditions or other provisions of the Contract.
3 : Specifications
(1) Any advice or recommendation given by Us or Our employees or agents to You or Your employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which We do not confirm in writing is followed or acted upon entirely at Your own risk, and accordingly We shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed.
(2) All descriptions, specifications, drawings, weights, dimensions, capacities, prices, performance ratings and other data quoted or submitted by Us or included in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acknowledgement of order, invoice or other document or information issued by Us are to be deemed approximate only (except where stated in writing to be exact or expressly made of the essence) and subject thereto none of such items or any part thereof shall form part of the Contract (other than as approximations).
(3) Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acknowledgement of order, invoice or other document or information issued by Us shall be subject to correction without any liability on Our part.
(4) We reserve the right to make any changes in the specification of Goods which are required to conform with any applicable safety or other legal requirements or which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
4 : Orders
You may not cancel any order which we have accepted without first obtaining our written consent on terms that You shall indemnify Us in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by Us as a result of cancellation.
5 : Prices
(1) Unless otherwise agreed in writing or stated on Our quotation or acknowledgement of order the price payable by You for each delivery of Goods shall be Our ex-works list price ruling at date of despatch.
(2) Until an order has become binding on Us all prices are subject to change without prior notice.
(3) Your order shall not be binding on Us until We have sent you a written acceptance of your order.
(4) After an order has become binding on Us, all prices will have VAT added at appropriate rate and are subject to increase to reflect any increases in costs to Us (including without limitation costs of materials, labour, transport and services, and fluctuations in currency exchange rates and any tax, duty, fee or charge imposed by any government or other authority) prior to delivery, any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which You request or any delay caused by Your instructions or your failure to give Us adequate or correct information or instructions.
(5) Again unless otherwise agreed in writing or stated on Our quotation or acknowledgement of order, packaging, delivery and transport charges and insurance are not included in the price and will be charged extra at Our then current rates for same.
6 : Payment
(1) Unless otherwise agreed in writing or stated on Our quotation or acknowledgement of order, the net invoice amount shall become due for payment by You at the end of the month following the month in which the invoice is dated or (if earlier) upon the occurrence of any circumstances whereunder, pursuant to the Contract or these Conditions, payment falls immediately due. The time of payment shall be of the essence of the Contract.
(2) We reserve the right at any time before proceeding or proceeding further with an order to demand full or partial payment of monies due and payable under the Contract and under any other contract between Us and You.
(3) If You default in any payment We may in addition to exercising the right contained in Condition 6(2) above suspend work, delay or withhold delivery or cancel the Contract or suspend work, delay or withhold delivery under or cancel any other contract between Us and You and retain any progress payments or payments on account already received under the Contract or under any other contract between Us and You.
(4) Interest at annual rate of three per cent above the base rate from time to time of Lloyds Bank PLC is payable on all overdue monies charged on a compound basis.
(5) We shall have a lien on all undelivered goods which You agree to purchase from Us for all monies due to Us from You under any contract between Us and You and You shall have no right of set-off in respect of such monies.
(6) All rights and remedies afforded to Us in these Conditions for non-payment shall be in addition and without prejudice to all other rights and remedies available to Us under the Contract or at law.
(7) If credit facilities have been previously agreed between Us and You, then We reserve the right to withdraw these at any time and without prior notice.
7 : Delivery
(1) Time of delivery is not of the essence of the Contract and any time or date specified by Us as the time at which or the date on which the Goods will be delivered is given and intended as an estimate only and We shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense howsoever arising from delay in delivery.
(2) We reserve the right to make delivery by instalments, unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing. The period during which delivery by instalments may be made and the quantity of Goods delivered in each instalment shall be in Our discretion.
(3) Where Goods are delivered in instalments, each delivery shall constitute a separate contract (in which these Conditions apply (mutatis mutandis)) and Our failure to deliver any one or more of the instalments or any claim by You in respect of any one or more instalments shall not entitle You to treat the Contract as repudiated.
(4) Delivery will be made in packaging reasonably suitable for the type of product at our discretion. Subject thereto delivery of more or less than the quantity or weight of the Goods due for delivery or the inclusion therewith of goods of a different description not included in the Contract shall not entitle You to reject the Goods delivered, and where We deliver more or less than the quantity or weight ordered We may charge pro rata for the quantity or weight supplied and You shall treat such delivery as full performance by Us of Our duty to deliver. Our certificate shall be accepted as conclusive proof of quantity or weight of Goods delivered. You shall have the right to check quantity/weight at Our point of loading/weighbridge.
(5) Notwithstanding any express agreement as to the date of delivery We shall be entitled to postpone or cancel delivery in whole or in part when We are delayed in or prevented from making or obtaining any Goods or materials or parts or components or services therefor or making delivery of Goods by strikes, lockouts, grade disputes or labour troubles or any cause beyond our reasonable control including, but without limitation, act of God, your actions or those of Your agents, embargo or other governmental act or request, fire, accident, war, riot, delay in transportation or inability to obtain adequate labour or manufacturing facilities. During any of the foregoing events Our obligations shall be suspended until such events cease or until we cancel delivery (as the case may be) and We shall not be required to obtain elsewhere in the market goods with which to replace or permit Us to produce Goods delivery of which has been postponed or cancelled as a result of any of the said events.
In the event of cancellation, We shall be paid pro rata for Goods delivered or work done to the date of cancellation.
(6) If You fail to take delivery of Goods or fail to give Us adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond Our reasonable control or by reason of our faults) then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Us (including its right to payment) We may:-
(i) store the Goods until actual delivery and charge You for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage, and (ii) sell the goods, after notification of said Sale has been forwarded to You, at the best price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to You for the excess over the price under the Contract or charge You for any shortfall below the price under the Contract and You shall indemnify Us immediately in full against all losses, damages, charges and expenses incurred by Us as a result of Your said failure to take delivery or give adequate delivery instructions to the extent that Our said losses, damages, charges and expenses are not covered by any payments made or monies obtained under (i) or (ii) above.
(7) You shall be solely responsible for the proper unloading of the Goods. If, to assist You remove the Goods from point of delivery, We or Our sub-contractor do any loading or unloading of goods free of charge, no liability whatsoever shall thereby be incurred by Us or Our subcontractor and you shall indemnify Us in respect thereof.
(8) Save unless otherwise agreed in writing the packaging in which Goods are delivered to You shall be returned at Your expense to us or as We direct.
8 : Your Obligations and Claims on Delivery
(1) You will:-
(i) carefully using Your own skill and judgement on which You must rely examine all the Goods on taking delivery carrying out such visual or scientific testing necessary to verify that the Goods are of merchantable quality and fit for Your intended purpose.
(ii) notify Us (and separately, any carrier for Us) in writing within 3 days of taking delivery of the Goods within 10 days of any date of arrival notified to You by Us or Our agent when none of the anticipated delivery has been delivered, of any error in quality, quantity or description of the Goods or that they were mixed with others not included in the contract or of any damage to Goods revealed by such examination and not caused since You took delivery.
(iii) Submit a detailed written report to Us of such non-delivery, error in quality, description, quantity or failure to Us within 5 days of service of the notice by You under clause 8(1)(ii) above.
(2) Failure to make any notification in accordance with paragraph (ii) or (iii) of Condition 8(1) above which examination under (I) above should have enabled You to make or Your submitting the Goods to any further process whatsoever including without limitation mixing or combining the Goods with any other products shall constitute Your waiver of all claims based on or relating to facts which such examination should have revealed.
9 : Risk
(1) Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to You:-
(i) in the case of Goods to be delivered at Your premises, at the time when We notify You that the Goods are available for collection; or
(ii) in the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at Your premises, at the time of delivery (except where the Goods are sold f.o.b.) or, if You wrongfully fail to take delivery of the Goods, the time when We tendered delivery of the Goods. Delivery to a carrier or to any person firm or company on Your behalf shall constitute delivery to You.
(2) Where goods are sold f.o.b. all risk of damage or loss in transit shall pass to You when the Goods are placed on board ship, and We shall be under no obligation to give to You the notice specified in Section 32(3) Sale of Goods Act, 1979.
10 : Title to Goods
(1) Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Conditions, the property in the Goods shall not pass to You until We have received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods and all other goods agreed to be sold by Us to You for which payment is then due, together with any interest or other sums payable under the relevant contract in respect of the Goods and such other goods.
(2) Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to You, You shall hold the Goods as Our fiduciary agent and bailee and shall keep the Goods separate from your other goods and those of third parties and properly stored, protected, insured and identified as Our property. Until that time You shall be entitled to resell or use the Goods in the ordinary course of Your business, but shall account to Us for the proceeds of sale or otherwise of the Goods, whether tangible or intangible, including insurance proceeds and shall keep all such proceeds separate from any of Your monies or other property or of third parties and, in the case of tangible proceeds, properly stored, protected and insured.
(3) Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to You (and provided the Goods are still in existence and have not been resold) We shall be entitled at any time to require You to deliver up the Goods to Us and, if you fail to do so, forthwith to enter upon any of Your premises or any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods.
(4) You shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Goods which remain Our property but if You do so all monies which You owe to Us shall (without prejudice to any of Our other rights or remedies) forthwith become due and payable.
11 : Limitation of Liability
(1) Except in the case of death or personal injury Our liability in respect of arising out of or connected with the Goods including without limitation for or arising out of or connected with any defect in, failure of and suitability or unfitness for any purpose of, or any failure to be of merchantable quality or to accord with any description, sample or representation or their packaging or any inaccuracy, and completeness of, or misleading matter in, any technical, promotional or other literature supplied in connection therewith shall be hereby expressly limited to the price of the Goods delivered ex-works and where such liability arises out of or in connection with any failure on Our part or on the part of Our Agents to exercise reasonable care and skill Our liability shall be hereby expressly limited to the price of the goods delivered ex-works provided that nothing in these conditions shall make Us liable to you in excess of £3,000,000 (three million pounds sterling) (in respect of which liability We shall maintain a comprehensive operation of liability policy). Notwithstanding any of the foregoing We shall be under no liability whatever (as defined in clause 12(3) below) in respect of the Goods where it can be shown that you failed to provide all information necessary for Us to carry out the contract with due skill and care.
(2) All conditions, warranties or other terms whether implied (by statute course of dealing terms of the trade or otherwise) or express, statutory or otherwise, are hereby excluded and You shall not be entitled to reject any or all of the Goods supplied in connection herewith as a result of such matters. You must rely on Your own skill and judgement in relation to the Goods.
(3) In these Conditions the phrase “Liability Whatever” shall include (but without prejudice to the generality of the expression) liability (howsoever arising or caused) whether in or for tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, contract (even in the case of fundamental breach or breach of fundamental term), liability for breach of statutory duty or otherwise (even where (in each and every case) We and/or Our agents, employees or officers have been negligent) including liability in each and every case for direct or indirect or consequential loss (including loss of profit of contract or loss of production) damage, cost or expense of any kind (even where We and/or Our agents, employees, servants or officers have been negligent) in connection therewith.
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, to the extent that loss or damage is recoverable by You from Us, the amount so recoverable is hereby limited to an amount up to but not exceeding the price of the Goods ex-works provided that We shall have the option of replacing the Goods at Our discretion or refunding to You the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price) provided that nothing in these Conditions shall make us liable to You in excess of £3,000,000 (Three million Pounds Sterling) (in respect of which liability We shall maintain a comprehensive operations liability policy).
(4) You are advised to review Your own insurance position or alternatively to negotiate with Us with a view to Our accepting greater liability to be covered by insurance in consideration for an increase in the contract price.
(5) We, when requested by You, may at Our option obtain insurance in the joint names of Us and You covering on a claims made basis loss occasioned through the provision of the Goods and, on confirmation of being given in the Order Confirmation, effect such insurance under an open or general policy. The cost of such joint insurance shall be borne solely by You. We are not acting as Your agent for such insurance and We shall have no “Liability Whatever” if for any reason the insurers dispute their liability under any such policy of insurance.
(6) You hereby warrant and agree to ascertain Yourself without relying on Our knowledge that the Goods are fit for the purpose for which they are supplied.
(7) You hereby warrant that these Conditions of Sale satisfy the requirement of reasonableness imposed by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 as amended.
12 : Trademarks, Patents and Other Industrial Rights
(1) If any claim is made against You alleging that Goods infringe any patent rights, registered designs, copyright or other industrial property rights of another then:-
(i) You shall forthwith notify Us with full particulars, and
(ii) We or Our suppliers or licensors (as case may be) shall be at liberty at Our expense to conduct all negotiations and/or
litigation in respect thereof and (if necessary) in Your name; and
(iii) except pursuant to a final aware, You shall not pay or accept any such claim or compromise any proceedings without Our consent (which shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed) and if as a result of such negotiations or litigation You shall be unable to use the Goods substantially for the purpose for which they were bought We shall (except where Condition 13 below applies) take them back and refund the price thereof and such refund shall be in full satisfaction of all claims by You against Us.
(2) You shall indemnify Us against all actions costs (including cost of defending legal proceedings) claims proceedings and demands in respect of any infringement or alleged infringement by Us of patent rights registered design copyright, design rights or other industrial rights attributable to Us complying with any special instructions from You or Your requirements relating to the Goods.
13 : Your Insolvency
(1) This Condition applies if:
(i) You make any voluntary arrangement with Your creditors or (being an individual or firm) become bankrupt or (being a company) become subject to an administration order or go into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction); or
(ii) an encumbrancer takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of Your property or assets; or
(iii) You cease, or threaten to cease, to carry on business; or
(iv) We reasonably apprehend that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to You and notify You accordingly.
(2) If this Condition applies then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Us We shall be entitled to suspend work, delay or withhold delivery under or cancel the Contract without any liability to You, and if the Goods have been delivered but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
14 : Notices
Any notice given hereunder must be in writing and may be effected by personal delivery, fax or by registered mail postage and (subject in each case, to proof that such notice was properly addressed and despatched) if effected by fax shall be deemed to be received on the day of sending and if effected by post shall be deemed to be received 48 hours after the date of posting.
15 : No Assignment
The Contract shall be personal to You and shall not nor shall any rights under it be assigned by You without Our written consent.
16: No Waiver
No waiver by Us of any breach of the Contract by You shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
17 : Governing Law
The Contract (and these Conditions) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
18 : Invalidity
If any provision of the Contract (or of these Conditions) is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of the Contract (or of these Conditions) and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
1 : Application
These conditions of supply of goods and services of Firth Steels Limited govern all orders to and contracts with Firth Steels
Limited for the supply of goods and services and override any other terms or conditions stipulated, incorporated or referred to by the Customer so that these Conditions of supply of goods and services, except where they are varied by Firth Steels Limited in writing, are the only conditions upon which Firth Steels Limited supplies goods or service. No alteration or modification is accepted in writing by a duly authorised officer of Firth Steels Limited
2 : Drawings, Dimensions, colours and Quantities etc
(a) Any drawings or details of quantities or other information supplied by Firth Steels Limited must be treated as approximate and shall be subject to verification by the Customer and in the event of any alteration, modification or amendment thereto after quotation Firth Steels Limited reserves the right to alter, modify or amend its quotation accordingly.
(b) Firth Steels Limited reserves the right to alter or change dimensions of the goods supplied within reasonable limits having regard to the nature of the goods. Dimensions specified by Firth Steels Limited are to be treated as approximate only unless the Customer specifically states in writing that exact measurements are require.
© Any colour requirements should be specified by the Customer and if matching to existing the full colour specification and code numbers which are relevant should be given to Firth Steels Limited. Any claim for colours not matching the existing will not be accepted unless full details are known to Firth Steels Limited prior to accepting the order.
3 : Quotations and Prices
(a) Quotations shall be available for acceptance for a maximum period of 30 days from the date thereof and may be withdrawn by Firth Steels Limited within such period at any time by written or oral notice.
(b) Firth Steels Limited reserves the right to vary its prices without notice and unless otherwise agreed in writing prices shall be those ruling at the date of delivery. This condition does not apply to fixed price quotations expressed as
such which shall specifically exclude any increases in Firth Steels Limited’s prices that may be occasioned by the increase or imposition of any duty or tax by adjustment or alterations in currency rates of exchange.
4 : Delivery
(a) Time for delivery is given as accurately as possible, but is not guaranteed. The customer shall have no right to damages or to cancel the order for failure for any cause to meet any delivery time stated.
(b) Should despatch or delivery of goods or part of them be delayed or prevent from any cause whatsoever beyond Firth Steels Limited control or for a reason attributable to the Customer or its Customer or agents then, at Firth Steels Limited option, either the contract or any unfulfilled part thereof shall be terminated or Firth Steels Limited may extend time for delivery until a reasonable period after such cause shall in have ceased in which event the Customer shall be responsible for all shortages and other costs incurred by Firth Steels Limited in connection therewith. Any termination shall not prejudice the rights and obligations of either party in respect of any part of the contract already completed.
(c) Unless otherwise agreed delivery shall take place at the works of the Customer or at a site nominated by the Customer or on a hard road as close as possible thereto. The Customer shall be responsible for providing labour and facilities at the delivery point for the unloading of goods ordered by him, and shall indemnify a Firth Steels Limited against all claims whatever arising from such unloading operations. Firth Steels Limited reserves the right to its drivers and carriers to refuse to take their vehicles on to a nominated site if in the opinion of the driver or carrier the site conditions are such as to constitute a danger to the vehicles, the goods or any persons or property.
(d) Failure by the Customer to take delivery of or to make payment in respect of any one or more instalments of goods delivered hereunder shall entitle Firth Steels Limited to treat the whole contract as repudiated by the Customer.
5 : Property and Risk
(a) The risk in the goods shall pass to the Customer when Firth Steels Limited delivers the goods in accordance with the terms hereof whether to the Customer or to any other person to whom the Customer has been authorised by Firth Steels Limited to deliver the goods. At that point, the Customer shall insure the goods for their full invoice value at the Customer’s expense.
(b) Notwithstanding the delivery of goods sold hereunder shall remain the absolute property of Firth Steels Limited (who shall retain the right to dispose thereof) until Firth Steels Limited has received payment in full of all sums which are or may hereafter become due from the Customer to Firth Steels Limited in respect of any presently existing contact between the parties or in respect of contract hereafter entered into the extent that payment thereunder is due before the due date of payment of goods hereunder.
(c) Until the title of the goods, passes to the customer the relationship between Firth Steels Limited and the Customer shall be that of bailer and bailee.
(d) The Customer agrees to store the goods until they have been paid for in full in such a way that they are readily identifiable as the property of Firth Steels Limited.
(e) If payment in respect of any of the goods comprised in this contract is overdue in whole or in part or immediately upon the commencement of any actual proceeding relating to the Customer’s solvency Firth Steels Limited may recover and/or resell the goods or any of them and may enter upon the Customer’s premises by its servants or agents for the purpose.
(f) Nothing in this condition shall confer any right on the Customer to return goods supplied by Firth Steels Limited or to refuse or delay payment for them.
(g) If the goods or any part thereof are incorporated in or used as material for or in manufacturing other products before payment in full to the Company the property in full to the Company the property in the whole of such products shall vest in and remain with the Company until such payment has been made or such products have been sold as the case may be and all the Company’s rights hereunder in relation to the goods and/or the proceeds of the sale thereof shall extend to such products. The Company’s rights hereunder shall be in addition to any and all other rights it may have against the Customer at low or in equity.
6 : Payment and Lien
(a) Unless otherwise stated on Firth Steels Limited delivery note payment for the goods or services shall be made 30 days from the end of the month of delivery.
(b) Where goods are delivered by instalment separately and the Customer shall pay such invoices in accordance with these conditions. No disputes arising under the contract nor delays beyond the reasonable control of Firth Steels Limited shall interfere with prompt payment in full by the Customer.
(c) Failure by the Customer to make payment of any outstanding invoice in line with Firth Steels Limited payment terms will result in the Customer being charged interest on the amount outstanding at the rate of 8% per annum from the date the payment became due until the date of payment.
(d) Failure by the Customer to pay any invoices in accordance with Firth Steels Limited payment terms shall entitle Firth Steels Limited to treat such failure as a repudiation of the whole contract by the Customer and (without prejudice to any other right) to recover damages for such breach of contract and claim any legal fees that may be incurred. Any legal fees will be agreed by Firth Steels Limited and their instructed Solicitor at the time of instruction and will not under any circumstances by negotiable by the Customer.
(e) Firth Steels Limited shall have a general lien upon any goods of the Customer in its possession for any sum for the time being due to Firth Steels Limited from the Customer.
7 : Cancellation
Once an order has been duly accepted by Firth Steels Limited, cancellation by the Customer will only be accepted in the sole discretion of Firth Steels Limited subject to Firth Steels Limited being indemnified against all charges for work carried out and expenses incurred relating to the order prior to acceptance of the cancellation and against any loss (including loss of profit) which may be occasioned by such cancellation.
8 : Suspension or Termination of Contract
(a) If the Customer shall, in the sole opinion of Firth Steels Limited be unable to pay any sums he owes to Firth Steels Limited, Firth Steels Limited shall (without prejudice to any other rights) be entitled to demand security prior to delivery or the carrying out of any services either by payment in case or bank guarantee notwithstanding any terms of payment previously agreed and in the event that the Customer shall be deemed to have repudiated the contract and Firth Steels Limited shall be entitled to delay delivery of the goods indefinitely or refuse to commence any service or accept repudiation of the contract without liability.
(b) If the Customer commits any breach of these conditions or of the contract or if any distress or execution be levied or be
attempted to be levied upon the Customer or his property or if the Customer shall make or offer to make any arrangement with creditors or commit any act of bankruptcy or if any petition receiving order in bankruptcy be presented or made against him or if a receiver be appointed over all or any of the assets of the Customer or if a winding-up-order the Customer or if the Customer goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation) Firth Steels Limited shall without prejudice to any other rights and remedies it might have and without any liability have the right to immediately by notice in writing to:- suspend or terminate any contract or any unfulfilled part thereof; and stop delivery of any goods, and call for immediate payment of all monies owing to Firth Steels Limited.
9 : Storage etc
All goods and material supplied to the Customer hereunder shall be stored and fixed in accordance with the manufacturer/s
instructions set out in the latest written recommendations of Fab-Linc Ltd shall be under no liability for any loss or damage which may arise as a result or the failure to adhere to such recommendations in all respects.
10 : Shortages and Defects apparent on receipt of goods
The Customer shall have no claim for shortages/defect apparent on visual inspection unless:
(a) The Customer shall inspect all goods immediately upon delivery and in the event that the Customer alleges that the quantity of goods delivered does not correspond with that stated in the delivery note or that such goods are defective he shall within three days of delivery give to Firth Steels Limited notice in writing specifying the particulars of his complaint.
(b) In the event the Customer shall fail to give such notice as aforesaid, Firth Steels Limited shall have no liability in respect of any alleged non-delivery of goods or defects therein which should have been apparent on a reasonable visual inspection at the time of delivery.
11 : Defects not apparent on receipt of goods
(a) The Customer shall have no claim in respect of defects not apparent on the visual inspection at the time of delivery envisaged by these conditions unless:
(b) A written complaint is sent to Firth Steels Limited as soon as reasonable practicable after the defect is discovered and no use is made of the goods thereafter and no alteration made thereto or interference made therewith before Firth Steels Limited is given an opportunity to inspect the goods in accordance with this Condition and the complaint is sent within 12 months of the date of delivery of the goods or in the case of an item not manufactured by Firth Steels Limited within the guarantee period specified by the manufacturer of such time.
(c) The Customer shall not be entitled to any claim in respect of any repairs or alterations undertaken by the Customer without the prior specific written consent of Firth Steels Limited nor in respect of any defect arising by reason of fair wear and tear or damage due to misuse.
(d) Firth Steels Limited will not be liable for loss or damage suffered by reason of use of the goods after the Customer becomes aware of a defect or after circumstances, which should reasonable have indicated to the Customer existence of a defect. (e Firth Steels Limited may within 15 days of receiving such a written complaint (or 28 days where the goods are situated outside the United Kingdom) inspect the goods and the Customer if so required by Firth Steels Limited shall take all steps necessary to enable Firth Steels Limited to do so.
12 : Guarantee Condition
(a) Save as otherwise provided by the other conditions of these Conditions Sections 12 to 15 of the Sales of Goods Act 1979 are to be implied into this contract. In the event of the condition of the goods being such as might or would (subject to these Conditions) entitle the Customer to claim damages or to repudiate the contract the Customer shall not then do so, but shall first ask Firth Steels Limited to repair or supply satisfactory substitute Goods and Firth Steels Limited shall thereupon be entitled at its option to repair or take back the defective Goods and to supply satisfactory substitute Goods the Customer shall be bound to accept such repaired or substituted Goods and Firth Steels Limited shall be under no liability in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever arising form the initial delivery of the defective Goods or from the delay before the defective Goods or from delay before the defective Goods are repaired or the substituted Goods are delivered.
(b) In the case of Goods not manufactured by Firth Steels Limited, but sold by Firth Steels Limited as factors, Firth Steels Limited gives no assurance or guarantee whatsoever that the sale or use of such Goods will not infringe patent copyright or other industrial property rights of any person, firm or company. Firth Steels Limited liability in respect of such Goods shall in any event be limited to the liability of the supplier thereof to Firth Steels Limited in respect of such Goods. Further Firth Steels Limited relies upon the testing examination and research carried out by the Supplier of such Goods to Firth Steels Limited for the purpose of the Health and Safety at work etc Act 1974.
13 : Liability
Save where Firth Steels Limited is shown to have failed to exercise reasonable care in the manufacture and/ or supply of the Goods and such failure results in death or personal injury Firth Steels Limited shall not be liable in respect of claims arising by reason of death or personal injury. Further under no circumstances whatsoever shall Firth Steels Limited be liable for consequential loss (including removal or rectification work required in connection to installation of repaired or substitute Goods) loss of profits or damage to property.
14 : Force Majeure
(a) Firth Steels Limited may cancel any contract without prejudice to any other rights and remedies it may have without any liability whatsoever if prevented from performing it owing to Force Majeure.
(b) Neither party shall be under any liability for any delay, loss or damage caused wholly or part by act of God, Governmental restriction condition or control or by reason of any act done or not done pursuant to a trade dispute whether such dispute
involves its employees or not by reason of any other act matter or thing beyond its reasonable control including failure by the other party to carry out the provisions of these Conditions.
14 : Miscellaneous
Any notice to be given by Firth Steels Limited or the Customer shall be sufficiently given if posted by Recorded, signed for
delivery or delivered by hand to the other at the address set out in the contract. Every notice shall be deemed to have been
received and given either forty-eight hours after posting or at the time of delivery Firth Steels Limited shall be at the liberty to enter into sub-contracts with third parties for the purpose of discharging its obligations under the contract. The contract and these conditions are governed by English Law and any dispute arising in relation to the goods supplied or the terms of the contract shall be determined by the English Courts to whose jurisdiction and decision Firth Steels Limited and the Customer submit.